Smart hot tub shoppers “try before they buy”. Don’t get stuck with the wrong hot tub because you didn’t try it wet. Your chances of getting the wrong model are a sure bet when you buy a hot tub from a photo or only gazed at it dry.
Here’s the #1 reason to try before you buy. Most of our customers shop on Olympic Hot Tub’s website before they go to a store. Typically people pre-select one model from the showroom on the website to come see and most likely buy. After taking a test soak, 75% of buyers changed their minds about the model they had pre-selected from the photos on the website or in the brochure. The model they had originally seen in a small website photo seemed perfect, but when they took a test soak, not so. The reasons are as varied as the reason why we have 18 models made by Hot Spring Spas. Every body is different! One person’s ideal seat, jet placement and depth may not suit everyone else.
There are some things you can only figure out with your shoes off! You wouldn’t buy a car without taking a test drive. Why would you dream of buying a hot tub without “Trying before you Buy”? If you’re cruising the aisles of a show this coming week or surfing the pages of an on-line hot tub supplier, decide what you like. But before you put a deposit down, test soak. Get Wet!!
We’ve had hot tubs ready for test dips since our first day in business 35 years ago. At Olympic Hot Tub Company, we believe that only by trying before you buy will you find the hot tub that best suits you and your family for every day relaxation and health.
1. Remember Goldilocks. You want a hot tub that’s just right. And, the only way to find it is to test it wet. Take a test soak to judge the space. Does the tub you’re considering have enough room for your family? Not too big; not too small! Also, think of your backyard space. You’ll want a hot tub that fits your landscape.
2. Seating depth matters. Note the torso depth when you’re sitting up comfortably. In the Northwest, you’ll want the water depth to be over your shoulders so you can be warm & snuggy on cold, rainy nights.
3. Don’t neglect your feet. Is there enough foot room in the foot well? Are there jets to massage your tired feet?
4. Select the best seats in the house. Multi-level seating should accommodate both adults and children. Make sure there are seats that fit everyone in your family. People of different heights in your family? It’s especially important to soak! A tall person with no water over her shoulders or a short person up to his nose won’t be very comfortable. Wet test the lounge seat. Some people love them; others don’t because they float off or their legs are too long or short to comfortable recline. Make sure any lounge seats fit you and other family members.
5. It’s all about the jets. Pay attention to jet types and jet placement. Most hot tub users prefer to adjust jet pressure for the hydrotherapy they’re seeking. Too, most people prefer a variety of jets that hit their sore spots-like calf, wrist, shoulder and back jets. Check out the jet placement to see that they are focused on the spots where you need relief.
6. Listen for the silence. A truly quiet hot tub like a Hot Spring has no audible noise when the water is circulating, heating and filtering. You don’t want any noise when it’s running not only for your own peace of mind, but that of your neighbors. You’re buying a hot tub for relaxation. Don’t add irritating noise that spoils your peace & quiet.
7. Convenience. You’ll want the most convenient hot tub to use on a daily basis. Are the controls easy to use and understand? Set it and forget it or difficult to program? You’re buying a hot tub to relax not make relaxation a hassle.
8. Take a deep breath and smell the water! Our Olympic Hot Tub Company showroom hot tubs are set up with SilkBalance natural water care or ACE salt water care for the easiest water care and no smells. There’s no chlorine smell or skin drying chemicals in a Hot Spring Spa with SilkBalance or ACE. Crystal clean water without effort or hassle should be your #1 concern.
9. Feel the water. Note how your skin feels after soaking. You’ll notice a BIG difference with SilkBalance natural water care or ACE salt water care. Your skin will feel silky smooth with none of the dryness that results from soaking in chlorine and masses of other chemicals.
Schedule a FREE test soak at any of Olympic Hot Tub Company’s 5 Puget Sound area showrooms today! Bring the whole family and their suits & towels. We’ll have the hot tubs hot & ready when you are.
Hot tub shopping? Be a smart shopper and “try before you buy”. If the model you want is not available to try, don’t buy it. That’s the best advice you’ll hear for getting the best hot tub for you!
RES EST SERVA VOLUPTAS. Pleasure is serious business.